From Wolberg DDS & Associates, Richmond, VA
If one or more missing teeth are making it difficult for you to eat or you’re struggling with uncomfortable dentures, it’s time to consider dental implants. This cosmetic dental procedure restores the shape of your face, lets you eat any food, and gives you a natural, long-lasting, healthy smile.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants from Wolberg DDS & Associates are metal anchors that we surgically place into your jaw. The anchors, made of titanium and other materials, fuse safely with your jawbone.
Here’s how the procedure works:
- our professional dental team surgically places the implant(s)
- we wait between three and six months for the jawbone to grow around the implant
- we place crowns that look like natural teeth over the metal anchors
- meet with you for a post-procedure check and review of brushing and flossing to keep your implants healthy
- and then, smiling begins
Will Dental Implants be Right for You?
Dental implants are an effective treatment for many Americans. The American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID) reports 3 million Americans currently have implants with about 500,000 patients receiving implant therapy every year. Our dental team will evaluate your overall health to determine if you’re a candidate for dental implants.
While many patients will be able to get implants, treatment may not be an option if you are:
- currently suffering from a chronic illness like diabetes or certain types of cancers, since these conditions slow your body’s healing time
- taking or have taken medications such as Fosamax or Boniva or other bisphosphonates that affect bone growth
- a smoker, which makes you more susceptible to infections and gum disease
- dealing with gum disease or a thin, weakened jawbone
Our evaluation process and preparation can overcome some of the barriers to implants. We will:
- take X-rays of your mouth and a CT scan of your jaw
- extract any teeth that are failing
- talk with you about bone grafts for thin jaws or sinus lifts to expand upper jaw height
Options for Making Dental Implants Affordable
The cost of your dental implant treatment plan will reflect:
- your dental needs
- the number of missing or damaged teeth we’ll replace
- the type of surgical procedure(s) needed
- the materials used for your crowns
Fortunately, most major dental insurance providers cover at least a portion of the cost of dental
implants and crown restorations. Wolberg DDS & Associates currently participates with the following
- Delta Dental Premier
- United Concordia
If you don’t currently have dental insurance or participate in an HMO, financing is available through Care Credit or in-office plans.
Ready to Restore your Smile?
Dental implants can give you a natural smile with fully functioning teeth. You’ll have a healthy and stable smile, and some patients tell us they feel more youthful with implants! You deserve to have the confidence and good health that a beautiful smile brings. Our team has the knowledge, experience, and compassion to deliver exceptional results.